Something is happening on the highway that could delay the truck that has your shipment onboard
The types of issues listed below are most often first discovered by the driver, and the information is relayed from the driver to the carrier, and then to us by the carrier. Because these issues always generate delays, we need to tell you as soon as the carrier has told us.
While these issues/events are not common, they are also not unusual: they happen every day to someone, but it is not good when they are happening to your freight. The frustration is there is rarely anything that anyone can do: in most cases it is simply a matter of waiting until the weather passes, or until the wreck is cleared, or until the truck is repaired.
- The truck is overweight, and is coming back
- The truck is overweight, and is being detained
- The wrong freight or not all the freight, is on the truck
- There is severe highway congestion, or a closure
- There is extreme weather
- The truck broke down
- The driver broke down
- The truck is out of service
- The driver is out of hours
- You want us to know about it
- You may need our guidance
- We need you to tell us what is or isn’t happening
- Refer to the sub-headings noted above, to see if your problem if referenced above. If it is, go to the referenced sub-section for more detail.
- Do not try to resolve the situation until you have spoken with us: we have dealt with your problem before, and our advice will be focussed on saving you time and money.
- We will tell you what you can do, what you can’t do, what we recommend, and how we will assist you.
- We will make any necessary arrangements with the carrier.
- We will have the carrier instruct the driver – remember, the driver works for the carrier, not for you and not for us
We will let you know how and why your specific issue occurred, and what, if anything, you can do to reduce the chances of it happening again.
IMAPCT & TYPICAL RESOLUTION
We will tell you how we and others, faced with similar issues, have resolved them in the past. And we will give you an estimate of the delay and costs, if any, of achieving a resolution